12. Schwartz M. Autoimmune involvement in CNS trauma is beneficial if well controlled. Prog Brain Res 2000;128:259-63.
13. Kline AE, Bolinger BD, Kochanek PM, Carlos TM, Yan HQ, Jenkins LW, Marion DW, Dixon CE. Acute systemic administration of interleukin-10 suppresses the beneficial effects of moderate hypothermia following traumatic brain injury in rats. Brain Res 2002;937(1-2):22-31.
14. Carmen J, Magnus T, Cassiani-Ingoni R, Sherman L, Rao MS, Mattson MP. Revisiting the astrocyte-oligodendrocyte relationship in the adult CNS. Prog Neurobiol 2007;82(3):151-62.
15. Massey JM, Amps J, Viapiano MS, Matthews RT, Wagoner MR, Whitaker CM i wsp. Increased chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan expression in denervated brainstem targets following spinal cord injury creates a barrier to axonal regeneration overcome by chondroitinase ABC and neurotrophin-3. Exp Neurol 2008;209(2):426-45.
16. Nakamura M, Okada S, Toyama Y, Okano H. Role of IL-6 in spinal cord injury in a mouse model. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. 2005;28(3):197-204.
17. Hurlbert RJ. Strategies of medical intervention in the management of acute spinal cord injury. Spine 2006;31(11 Suppl):S16-21
18. Tsutsumi S, Ueta T, Shiba K, Yamamoto S, Takagishi K. Effects of the Second National Acute Spinal Cord Injury Study of high-dose methylprednisolone therapy on acute cervical spinal cord injury-results in spinal injuries center. Spine 2006;31(26):2992-6.
19. Hawryluk GW, Rowland J, Kwon BK, Fehlings MG. Protection and repair of the injured spinal cord: a review of completed, ongoing, and planned clinical trials for acute spinal cord injury. Neurosurg Focus 2008;25(5):E14.
20. Hugenholtz H. Methylprednisolone for acute spinal cord injury: not a standard of care. CMAJ 2003;168:1145-6.
21. Hall ED, Sprinter JE. Neuroprotection and acute spinal cord injury: a reappraisal. NeuroRx 2004;1:80-100.
22. Bracken MB, Shephard MJ, Holford TR, Leo-Summers L, Aldrich EF, Fazl M i wsp. Administration of methylprednisolone for 24 to 48 hours or tirilazad mesylate for 48 hours in the treatment of acute spinal cord injury: 1-year follow up. Results of the third National Acute Spinal Cord Injury randomized controlled trial. National Acute Spinal Cord Injury Study. JAMA 1997;277:1597-604.
23. Chinnock P, Roberts I. Gangliosides for acute spinal cord injury. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005;(2):CD004444.
24. Steeves J, Fawcett J, Tuszynski M. Report of International Clinical Trials Workshop on Spinal Cord Injury February 20-21, 2004, Vancouver, Canada. Spinal Cord 2004;42:591-7.